Tuesday 7 December 2010

Mentor Brief: CABE Space














This project was adapted from the brief set by CABE at the YCN student awards, which was to raise the public profile of parks in an engaging and imaginative way.
I wanted to show that parks cater for everybody so I chose the title “101 things to do in the park.” With the help of friends and family I listed all 101, from climbing trees to chilling with a book. Using interesting typography and fun illustrations I compiled them in to an A2 poster, an eight page concertina mailer and quirky postcards.
For the campaign to work as a whole I conducted some guerilla advertising in the college reception area. This involved a patch of turf, a tree with 101 different coloured leaves (each containing one action) and some spare leaves for the public to add their own thoughts.
I worked closely with my industry mentor (Iain Lauder from Redpath). Throughout the project I sent him updates and he would reply with his thoughts, this resulted in a final presentation at Redpath. Iain was kind enough to give me a merit for the project overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment